The blog to end all (school-related) blogs!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Group Presentation Reflection




Today my group, team Gryffindor, did our presentation on Phenomenology, Reader-Response Theory, and Psychoanalysis.  I was fourth on the line up with my presentation on Heidegger.  By the time I was up, our group had hit the 40 minute mark, so I did feel a bit of a time crunch.  We were supposed to go last week, but we ended up moving it over to today.



I felt that the group leader was hands down Stephan Harder.  He was leading the e-mail train for our group and was the one to actually piece together all of our slides.  I did stay in contact with him via e-mail for the past few weeks while developing my part of the project.


I am lacking in the cool-slide department, mainly because it took me a while to figure out how to change the background of the slides.  I wanted to keep my slides somewhat simplistic for the cheap seats in the back.  I personally get frustrated when I don’t have my glasses and can’t read all of a slide.


I wanted my portion to be more of a conversation rather than a lecture.  I am somewhat naturally and perhaps undeservingly confident, and so nerves were not an issue.  As a side note, I was joking about having a song about Heidegger that is accompanied by a ukulele. And I was also joking about having an arm fetish.

 Arms can be very attractive though.  I think that by leaving some of my content and understanding of the text out of my slides and relying on the actual conversation, it invited more participation into my section of the presentation.  From the e-mail train, I found that there would already be a few forced interactive activities within the presentation, so I felt that that would work out well for our presentation.


I think that I had a confident commanding presence in our presentation, and I’d like to think that my cheering and attitude added to the group dynamic.  Go team Phenomenology!


Word Count: 336


No comments:

Post a Comment